Sunday, December 6, 2009

Running Out of Time....

So, very very good 2nd to last weekend in Roma. On Thursday night, I took an epic cooking class. It was 7 of us cooking with Stefano Cirillo. He's a well known cook in Roma and lives across the street from Zeferelli and Valentino....no big deal. We made a 4-course meal and it was absolutely some of the best food in my entire life. Appetizer: Prunes wrapped in Prosciutto in a balsamic vinegar(ancient roman recipe). First Course: Roman Penne Amatriciana(spicy tomato sauce with bacon and cheese). Second Course: Sirloin Steak with Walnuts and Red Onion and a side of Picadilly Tomatoes. Dessert: The Tiramisu. I plan on posting the recipes as soon as I can get them typed up. I'm making the dinner for my parents the first Monday I'm back, so if anyone wants in, just let me know. We cooked and talked and ate until 1am. It was epic.
On Saturday, I severely crippled my bank account with a very nice shopping trip with the girls. It was excellent. I met up with my friend Christine who's studying in Florence and we went to Alfredo's restaurant, where Alfredo sauce was supposedly invented.
Today, I went out with some friends to a Pub, drank mimosas, and watched some calcio(soccer). Really good weekend. I can't wait to have more fun in these next coming days :-)
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment