Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Days in Roma

I arrived in Rome about 36 hours ago and I'm already in love. It's so beautiful here. My apartment is really nice with a big living room(so if anyone wants to visit, I'd love it!) It's situated on a very popular shopping street with a gelateria and pizzeria right below us....uhoh...... I've already done so much!!!!!
Yesterday, everyone moved in and set up our apartments. Afterwards, we got a little tour of the neighborhood and set up the essential stuff. Then we went to a beautiful park on the Aventine Hill(for those who don't know, Rome is made up of 7 hills) overlooking all of Roma. It was absolutely gorgeous. Then we did a quick bus tour of the Circus Maximus and the Colosseum and Forum...I'll be able to really explore that stuff later. Then we went out to dinner at a very nice restaurant where I had the best Fettucine ever. Seriously people, you should come visit me, just so you can eat the food :-)
Today was all about getting to know the area. Paolo took us all over Trastevere and the southern part of Roma. We walked a lot and it was unmercilessly hot, but it was really interesting. I've got a lot of great places to go now.
We have tonight off, so we're just hanging in the apartment before we get ready to go out. That's my trip so far...I'm sure I'll have more interesting things to say later <3

1 comment:

  1. Tough life you go there \Eli. Keep the posts coming and don't forget the pics.

    ReplyDelete