Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gotta Have Faith(that song has been sung at least 100 times in this apartment)

Hey. The week is going well. Finally got groceries, so I'm not living off of carrots and pasta anymore...
Class today was really awesome. In Masterpieces, we went to an exhibit on Roman Paintings that just started by the President's house. It was really incredible...it had all of these perfectly preserved wall paintings and frescoes from as late as the 3rd century BC. Rome still blows my mind.
In Mythology, we started reading The Iliad. So basically, it was a perfect day for me. Roman paintings and one of my favorite books :-)
Tonight, as with every Wednesday night, I volunteered with a local group handing out food at the local train station. I really like volunteering. It's a great way to meet new people and practice my italian. Every week, the group gets donations of pasta, pizza, bread, and drinks. The majority of people that we hand food out to are Afghani and Iraqi refugees. I've already been asked by several people to be their English tutor...don't know how good I will be at that, but I might as well give it a try.
So I know this post is extremely boring, but I was happy about volunteering tonight, so thought I'd write about it. Talk to you all soon hopefully :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment