Friday, September 11, 2009

HOT!


It's ridiculously hot out right now. The weather is supposed to break within the next few days, but that can't happen soon enough. No wonder everyone takes a siesta in the afternoon.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. I had 4 hours in between classes, so I went over to the Colosseum. I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed by that monument. It is so impressive it takes your breath away. Since I'm such a classics fanatic, I ended up staying there for 2.5 hours. The people I went with all got bored and left, but I just sat looking and staring. I'll put pictures up as soon as I get the chance, I took about 100, haha. The thing that really proves my nerdiness was discovered yesterday. I'm in Italy surrounded by all of this beautiful leather and clothing, and the thing that I want to buy most is an original denari. It's a coin from the Roman Empire with a picture of the emperor. There are a few in the bookstore at the Colosseum and they are so cool. Laugh at me if you want, I kind of laughed at myself for it.
On my way back to school, I stopped at the Pantheon and hung out there for awhile. I love living here; there's just so much to see!

Today is pretty lazy: had to get my resident's pass(which took forever!) and do some other errands. Going to the Vatican tonight for the first time :-)

Buona sera!

No comments:

Post a Comment